Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is very important to us. In short, any information that you submit to us will remain absolutely private. We have made it our policy to provide online content that requires minimal information will be collected. We provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
How We Collect Information
Domain Name Recognition
Our web servers automatically recognize your domain name; however, they do not recognize your e-mail.
Information Actively Provided by Our Visitors
We do not require you to register or provide any information before entering our website. However, there are several places where you may choose to provide personally identifiable information. Unless otherwise stated, we will use the information only for the purpose it was provided.
- Sweepstakes: We may offer sweepstakes on our website or through a separate third-party site. We collect only the information necessary for prize fulfillment from those who win. If a prize is valued at over $600, a social security number may be requested. The first initial, last name, city and state of all winners will be included on a Winners List. The Winners List will be provided upon request and as required by law. Information required for tax purposes, the Winner’s List or other information required by law is kept as required by law. Any information collected through sweepstakes entries may be used to send future Stein Paint specials and offers.
- While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
- E-mail Newsletters: Some of our pages permit visitors to register to receive e-mail newsletters or updates in the future by providing your e-mail address. Any e-mail you receive from us will allow you to change your preference or “unsubscribe” from this informational service at any time.
- Job Applications: We will use the information submitted in online job applications for the sole purpose of filling the specific position applied for by the applicant. After this position is filled, we will retain the information submitted for the period of time required by applicable law. During this retention period, the application will be considered inactive, and the applicant will be considered for other positions only if he/she submits an additional application for those specific positions. We will not release information submitted in on-line job applications to third parties except to appropriate governmental authorities as required by law.
- Other Features: There may be other features available on our website which may require some personally identifiable information to use the feature. We only use the personally identifiable information to provide the feature and delete it within a reasonable period of time after the information is no longer necessary.
We have some business partners with whom we may operate some of our pages and share information. For example, on occasion we may offer a sweepstakes jointly with another company. In such instances, information may be shared with the co-sponsor so that the sweepstakes may be conducted.
Aggregate information about which pages visitors access or visit (for example, to enter a visitor in a sweepstakes or to send the visitor information) is only used for internal review as we work to improve our website. This information is not sold to or shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. We do not rent, sell, or share e-mail addresses with any other company or organization.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place and will continue to improve appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
How to Access or Correct Information
You may review your personally identifiable information, have it deleted or withdraw permission for its continued use by us for our e-mail newsletters by signing in and editing your preferences.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site (“Service Providers”), to provide the Site on our behalf, to perform Site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Stein Paint may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Stein Paint
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Our policy is to link only to other sites which are appropriate for visitors to our website. However, because content on websites can change quickly, we cannot always guarantee the appropriateness of the content of the websites we link to.